Originally built by Abbott & Smith and possibly installed second hand into the church in1912.
In 1981 Peter Wells converted the pneumatic exhaust action soundboards to electric action, provided the Kimber Allen detached console and enlarged the instrument.
Since that time only routine maintenance has been carried out on the instrument.
The organ is currently tuned and maintained by F H Browne & Sons.
Pedal (30) Swell Octave
Swell Sub Octave
Swell Unison Off
Swell to Great Total Number of pipes 1086
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal. Adjustable pistons to Great Swell and Pedal
A Pipe Organ Restoration Appeal was launched a few years ago to fully refurbish the organ and hopefully to provide a few tonal additions.